Homebrewer's recipe calculator. I needed one so I wrote one. Use this to formulate recipes for ales, lagers and stouts. It also includes a brewing primer for those just starting out in the homebrewing hobby. QBrew builds and runs under Linux, Unix (BSD, Solaris, etc), Mac OSX and Windows. See a screenshot of QBrew in action.
Last updated May 25th, 2008
- Macintosh: qbrew-osx.zip [8.8M], here's a native package of QBrew 0.4.1 for Macintosh OSX. This is a Universal binary, for both PPC and x86, v10.4 and above. Here's a screenshot of QBrew on the Mac.
- Windows: qbrew-win32.zip [4.5M], here's a native package of QBrew 0.4.1 for Windows. Just unzip it and run the installer.
- Linux/BSD/Unix: Packages are available for many Linux and Unix systems, including Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, OpenSUSE, FreeBSD, and NetBSD. Please check your package manager or repository for availability.
Public read-only anonymous access to QBrew's Subversion repository is at https://cvs.ics.com/svn/qbrew, using the account "qbrew" and password "qbrewguest". Thanks to my employer, ICS, for providing the repository.
HârnMaster character generator. This is for the HârnMaster roleplaying game, third edition. It works under Unix (Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc), Mac OSX, and Windows. Here's a screenshot.
Last updated September 29th, 2007
- Macintosh: harnmaker-osx.zip [3.0M], here's a native package of HârnMaker 0.5.0 for Macintosh OSX. This is a Universal binary, for both PPC and x86, v10.4 and above. Here's a screenshot of HârnMaker on the Mac.
- Windows: harnmaker-win32.zip [3.2M], here's a native package of HârnMaker 0.5.0 for Windows. Just unzip it and run the installer.
- Linux/BSD/Unix: I am not aware of any prebuilt packages or ports for Unix. It is an easy matter to build from the sources above, however.
Themes and Styles
For yourQt and KDE eyecandy needs, here are some themes and styles. Last updated May 2nd, 2007.
phase-0.8.tar.bz2 [17K] An original widget style for Qt. It is designed to be functional but not drab, and aesthetic but not distracting. This version is for Qt 4. If you want the KDE 3 version, you can use phase-0.7.tar.bz2. See a screenshot. Phase is now a part of KDE's kdeartwork package, and is being maintained there.
newstep-0.6.tar.bz2 [365K] A widget style for KDE 3 emulating the NeXT look and feel. By default, a modern look with gradients is used, but the "classic" NeXT look can be set as an option. See a screenshot.
Also see the Kwin Theming HOWTO for a tutorial and example code to create your own Kwin theme.
Snippets, tidbits, classes and stuff. These are unmaintained, so use at your own risk!
textprinter-0.3.tar.gz [23K] A utility class that may be useful to some of you. It is not a report tool, but a utility to make printing easier. You can define headers and footers, and print, export to PDF or display a print preview. A quick example and documentation is included.
lexicon-0.1.tar.gz [9K] Here's a lexical generator based on phonological constraints. In other words, a random word generator. Use it for conlangs, rpgs, etc.
quantity-0.1.tar.gz [5K] Here's a Quantity class based on Fowler's Quantity Analysis Pattern. Store your weights and measures as Quantity types and easily convert between units.