HârnWorld is the fantasy role-playing environment created by N. Robin Crossby. Hârn is not a heroic fantasy type of world. Instead it is a realistic medieval setting spiced with a bit of magic. Yes, dragons exist, but none have been seen on Hârn for centuries.
For a brief overview of the world of Hârn, see my article "Common Knowledge".
- Visit a haunted mine in Bujoc territory where not everything is as it appears in Elder Shade.
- It's not the old west, but Forty Fathings spends better than a fistful of dollars.
- Tired of playing goody two-shoes humans? Then play an ornery orc with a chip on your shoulder in A Swarming We Will Go.
- A grisly discovery starts the party on a search for "The Bonesnatchers". PDF Format. Maps by Thomas Shook, editing by Kerry Mould.
HârnMaster is CGI's roleplaying game specifically designed for Hârn. It has a great balance between playability and realism. It is skill-based, level-less, and a profession is what you do, not what you are.
- New players will no longer be confused over what they're rolling for with the Player's Guide.
- Here is a fanon covering the use of HârnMaster for roleplaying in Middle Earth [363k PDF].
- Finally, a HMC/HM3 character sheet in both PDF and OpenOffice format.
The Glooming Isle. My current Hârn campaign. It will explore some of the ancient and hidden aspects of Hârn.
Here's some miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit up above.
- Learn about Hârnic brewing practices in The Honest Craft of Brewing.
- Here's a Hârn character generation program that I wrote. It will create a random character for HMC and allows the user to choose occupation, culture, etc. This is for Unix and Windows. Download it at my Free Source page.
- I created an OpenOffice template in the Columbia Games HârnMaster style. Great for writing your own Hârn articles.